LD Predicts Who’s Up Next in Fashion: Fortune Cookie Clothing
Fortune Cookie Clothing is a brand new clothing line out of Los Angeles with a fresh new take on building a brand. Check out our interview with the line’s Founder and CEO, Sterling Jones and learn how he plans to achieve his dream!
1. When was fortune cookie born?
Fortune Cookie Clothing was born November of 2011.
2. Who are the creative minds behind Fortune Cookie clothing?
The Founder and CEO Sterling Jones.
3. How is Fortune Cookie clothing being received by the masses?
People love something unique, they are naturally attracted to something that is different. The concept and theme of the Fortune Cookie brand really draws in a lot of people. Its different, we have our own style. People love the cookies they receive in their packages, the take out boxes that come when you place an order. We bring something different to the scene.
4. What is the relevance behind the strong Asian influence on the brand?
To be honest, there is no strong Asian influence. What really attracted us to the Fortune Cookie concept was the positive messages that lie in every cookie. There is nothing better than cracking open a cookie and reading a Fortune that you feel was made for you. People need hope and inspiration. This brand is built on that concept.
5. Where do you see Fortune Cookie clothing in the next five to ten years?
I see the brand with a store in Los Angeles as well as London. My two favorite cities. That is my dream for the brand, but dreams never stop growing once I reach that I wont stop, I will never stop.
6. What has been the greatest moment so far since the clothing line has launched?
This is a tough one because there have been so many great moments. Oddly enough, I would say the first time I saw a stranger in public wearing the brand. I was walking through a grocery store and saw a stranger shopping in a Medallion Pullover. Such a lovely moment.
7. If you can go back to the very beginning is their anything you would do differently?
Not at all, there is nothing I would change. I have definitely made some mistakes, but I had to make them in order to recognize them.
8. Who is the main designer of Fortune Cookie clothing?
I (Sterling Jones) works with a design team. He grabs inspiration from anything and everyone and works with the design team to turn it into another charming piece.
9. What is your favorite piece so far?
This is tough. Right now, the Sapphire Medallion Tank Top is my favorite. I have been all about the Tanks lately. But I love all of the designs, all of them.
10. At this point do you feel the brand is living up to your expectations?
No, and sadly enough I am not sure it ever will. My expectations are so high with everything I come in contact with especially this brand. This brand is doing well, especially for being 6 months old. No excuses though, we have a long way to go.
11. If you can create with any noted fashion designer who would it be and why?
Johnny Cupcakes hands down, I love what he has done and the brand he has built. Definitely a role model and great inspiration.
None really, I am kind of in my own world.
13. If you can describe a moment where you will be able to exhale and feel like you’ve conquered your highest goal for the brand what would that moment be?
The moment where every day I wake up and run into someone wearing the brand everyday. The moment where we have stores in London and Los Angeles. The moment where I really in my heart believe that people have bought into the brand, bought into everything we are about. I want people wrestling for a tee cause they are that hype!
14. Lastly, why did you choose a career in fashion?
This sort of chose me, I have been around a lot of people in this industry and slowly feel in love with being able to express yourself through linens.