Published on July 28th, 2011 | by Ramon Trotman0
WP7 Mango Beta 7712 features on video
check out the changes below and the video.
Major changes include:
- Twitter integration into the What’s New feed, along with notifications for Twitter mentions through the “Me” tile
- New animations for opening the People/Zune/Pictures/Zune/Marketplace hubs (looks a bit cooler, but is possibly slower)
- Visual Voicemail interface has been tweaked so it’s easier to use (Pic via Pocketnow)
- Sharing pictures via Twitter/Sharing web browser links via Twitter
- The multitasking interface lets you quickly scroll through your last 5 apps instead of flicking through them one by one. It also doesn’t waste a slot with your homescreen, unless you were on your homescreen when you held the back button
Minor changes include:
- LinkedIn support
- The Paste icon doesn’t constantly show halfway on the keyboard suggestion bar when there’s nothing to paste, like it used to in the original Mango Beta 2. Now it completely hides unless you recently copied something. Much less annoying!
- Copy/Paste sound effect has been added instead of the default keyboard “click” noise. Now it sounds like a digitized water droplet
- New square Windows booting logo
- The Groups in your People Hub no longer have a tile next to them
- Instead of the typical Play looking button at the bottom of the Music+Videos hub, they changed the icon to two music note symbols. It still plays and shuffles all of your songs like before.
- The Lime color theme is a slightly different color now, which outraged a few people
- The “Me” button in the Maps app also has a different icon
- Suggesting changes to Bing Map results now seems to work. If a store’s info is incorrect, you can tell Bing that the store is closed/correct their phone number/correct their name/etc
- The apps in the Music+Videos hub marquee are now alphabetized
- When typing text and starting a new paragraph, the phone will now auto-capatilize the first letter of the paragraph. Previously in the Mango Beta 2, if you hit enter twice, it wouldn’t capitalize it for you